It was another boring night with nothing to do, and apples on the kitchen table. So, it was a “must” to take a risk and make something totally improvisational. I mixed everything that comes into my mind to make a cake, and this is the result. Try!
Semolina Muffins with Apple and Coconut
makes 24 muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup milk (I used low-fat)
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups semolina (you can use 2 cups flour and 1 cup semolina instead)
- 3 apples, grated
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 lemon’s zest
- 4 teaspoons baking soda or baking powder
Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk, oil and sugar.
Stir in vanilla, flour, semolina and coconuts, and mix well.
Add cloves, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Then, add the apples and pour the mixture into muffin cups.
Before cooking the muffins, sprinkle the tops with lemon zest, and bake your muffins for about 25 minutes.